Sunday, December 13, 2015

Seek Him



Have you ever noticed how much “seeking” there is in the Christmas story?
The shepherds came seeking the birthplace of the Savior after their visit by the angels.
Let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened,
which the Lord has told us about.
  (Luke 2:15)

Later, the wise men came seeking the young king.
Where is the one who has been born King of the Jews?
We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him.
(Matthew 1:2)
The Heavenly Father of this Christ child tells us he wants his followers to do the same thing…seek Him. How do I know? The Bible tells me so.
God wants us to seek Him.
Now devote your heart and soul to seeking the Lord your God. (I Chronicles22:19)
Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.
(I Chronicles 16:11)
God wants us to be serious and purposeful about seeking Him.
But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul. (Deuteronomy 4:29)
You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water. (Psalm 63:1)
God will reward us if we seek Him with the right spirit.
I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.  (Proverbs 8:17)
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:13)
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; (Lamentations 3:25)
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. (Luke 11:9)if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. (II Chronicles 7:14)
There are consequences for not seeking Him.
If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. (I Chronicles 28:9)
He did evil because he had not set his heart on seeking the Lord.  (II Chronicles 12:14)
All who seek will not find.
Then Herod called the Magi secretly and found out from them the exact time the star had appeared.  He sent them to Bethlehem and said, “Go and search carefully for the child. As soon as you find him, report to me, so that I too may go and worship him.”
On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route.
  (Matthew 2:7, 11-12)


Let us acknowledge the Lord;
    let us press on to acknowledge him.
As surely as the sun rises,
    he will appear;
he will come to us like the winter rains,
    like the spring rains that water the earth

(Hosea 6:3)






1 comment: