Friday, December 30, 2016

For 2017


Happy New Year, 2017!

Are there any better words of wisdom, pieces of advice, admonitions, or goals for the new year than those from Scripture? No mere memes come close. 


Not that I have already obtained it [what God wants me to be] or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,  I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you; however, let us keep living by that same standard to which we have attained.  (Philippians 3:12-16)

Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. (Hebrews 12:1-3)

Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. (Colossians 3:1-3)

Jesus said, "apart from Me you can do nothing" (John 15:5)
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)


A New Year's Prayer:  “May we trust in the Lord with all our hearts and lean not on our own understandings; may we submit to him in all our ways , and may he make our paths straight.” (From: Proverbs 3:5-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment